Laser scanning is based on scanning surfaces with a laser beam.
In this process the scanner carries out an angular and distance measurement on every point visible in the measurement range from which it calculates a 3 dimensional point coordinate. The current generation of devices can combine the laser with the internal video system.
This enables not only coordinates but also photo realistic pictures to be produced as well if required.
- Scan range: 0.80 m to 350 m - dependent on surface
- Scan accuracy: between +/-2 mm and +/-10 mm
- Scan speed: up to 5000 points per second
Field of applications
- Building (facades) for the protection of historic monuments
- Tunnels, walk-in sewers
- Underground shafts
- Technical facilities
- Construction sites (bill of quantities)
- Wastewater system Tröndlinring, Leipzig, scan of sewers -3D space body and traditional transverse and longitudinal sections for Kommunale Wasserwerke Leipzig GmbH
- Breitenfelder Strasse, Leipzig, scan of facade - cross profile generation - facade line for the building surveyor’s office, City of Leipzig
- König-Albert-Brücke, Leipzig, 3D photoscan - as-built documentation, preservation of evidence, 3D space body and traditional transverse and longitudinal sections for the transport infrastructure and civil engineering office, City of Leipzig
- 3-D scan Leopoldina library, façade views, ground plans, cross sections
- 3-D scan Riveufer main sewer, transverse and longitudinal profiles for the municipal works company Hallesche Wasser und Stadtwirtschaft GmbH
- 3-D scan Halle-Neustadt waste-water pumping station, ground plans. Cutaway drawings for the municipal works company Hallesche Wasser und Stadtwirtschaft GmbH
- 3-D scan Wurzelhäuschen Wörlitz bathing hut and garden seating area, façade views, ground plans, cutaway drawings for the Dessau-Wörlitz Cultural Foundation